Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Flatiron District, 22nd Street Between Fifth And Sixth Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

Right now, this is my favorite building in the city.  I spent a lot of time with it today, looking at it, wondering about it.  There was not much to discover about it on the web, just that it was built in 1904 and is residential.  Don't you wonder what the apartments look like?  One to a floor, two?  Isn't that a remarkable entrance for such a narrow building?  They've screwed around with it and someone really made a wrong move painting the columns halfway up, but it's still pretty impressive. 

I didn't notice the ground floor restaurant when I shot it and I can't find out its current name, but whatever it is, I need to try it.  And take a closer look at the building.  And try to meet someone who lives there and make friends with them.  And then visit them.

No comments: