Thursday, July 29, 2010

Flatiron District, 22nd Street at Sixth Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….… .................................…………….. click to enlarge

The sign says only "Pizza".  No name. I was hardly paying attention to it.  However, I was checking Songlines just to see what was on this block and discovered it's called Maffei Pizza and that the Village Voice called it a "culinary nirvana."  Take a look at its web presence.  You just never know.

Okay, so now I've come to the end of the block and I must run back to Allegretti before Yvette starts gnawing her knuckles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary -

What that interesting dome building in the background?

I think people don't know about nature of this project because of the name- Maybe a new name like Manhattan PhotoStreet Project - that's not good but you know what I mean.

T