Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Midtown East, 58th Street Between Third and Second Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

And now in the next block, three restaurants in a row.  Eenie, meenie, minie . . .  No, I actually made a conscious choice.  Dawat would've been the wisest choice because it had the highest Zagat ratings for food (23) and the lowest for price ($48 [for dinner]).  And I have wanted to go there.  But Indian food for lunch by myself didn't appeal.  You need at least one other person, so you can try more than one main dish and you need to eat the wonderful bread and the pickles and other condiments.  Save Dawat for dinner.

So then it's a choice between two Italian restaurants.  I rejected Mia Dona, simply based on seeing a lot of guys standing around, I don't know why, it just didn't appeal to me at that moment, but it turns out maybe I should have tried it.  Its Zagat ratings are 21 - $53.

So I picked Nino's 208, with ratings of 21 - $58.  Way to go, Mary!  Value oriented, you're not.  Luckily, it was a wonderful lunch.



Mary Sargent © 2010 …………....……….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

No comments: