Tuesday, April 27, 2010

West Village, 10th Street Between Hudson and Greenwich Streets


Mary Sargent © 2010 ………..………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

According to New York Songlines, the Village Landmark is a a converted early 20th Century warehouse.  A warehouse with arches and decorative brickwork is a beautiful thing to see.  Now the aesthetics of warehouses are not considered important.  At least I think that's true.  It reminds me of the time my former boss happened to see the orchid exhibit at the World Trade Center.  He said the exhibit was really beautiful.  "What a waste of money!" he concluded.

5 comments:

Andrew the Sinner said...

Hey there. How many more streets do you have to walk? I finally finished my own journey. Wishing you continued good luck

Mary Sargent said...

Thanks. Countless streets left. Blog's a journey, not a destination, something like that.

Bravo on your finish. As soon as I can rouse myself to make a decent blogroll, yours will surely be on it.

Big Six-two said...

Is Brooklyn anywhere on your agenda?

Mary Sargent said...

Brooklyn is not on my agenda. Too big, boundaries too unclear (to the walker). You have to remember I'm a very precise person.

Tiny Brooklyn Babe said...

WAAAAAAAHHHH! Brooklyn is NOT too big - it is not too small - it is just right.