Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hell's Kitchen, Ninth Avenue Between 36th and 37th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….………….....… ………………….. click to enlarge

As I mentioned at the beginning of this walk, I was headed to a Pakistani restaurant for discussion of a Pakistani book (The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid).  The restaurant is known to some as Kashmir 9; to others as Pakistani Restaurant, and it gets mostly great reviews (for food, not atmosphere).  However, I stumbled on a Restaurant Inspection Report which left me a little queasy, and I'm not easily made queasy.  I had a couple of vegetarian dishes which didn't impress me, but then I thought maybe meat dishes are the thing to get.  I didn't get sick, which is good.

The book?  Well, as usual, the group was split.  I was on the negative side this time because I didn't like the way the story was told.  But I did like getting the viewpoint of the protagonist.

And so this walk has ended and now it is Daylight Saving Time and Spring comes tomorrow along with a whole new walk.

See map.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I didn't get sick, which is good..."

What a rec!!