Thursday, March 25, 2010

Flatiron District, 16th Street Between Union Square West and Fifth Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2010 ……………..…….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

This is Blue Water Grill, a highly rated seafood restaurant located in the landmarked former Bank of the Metropolis.  I have not eaten at this restaurant (must remedy), but I was in the previous restaurant for drinks.  And what was its name?  I spent a great deal of time online trying to discover the answer.  Shouldn't there be a website devoted to listing the consecutive restaurants operating at one location?  You know there should. 

I was about to give up when suddenly inspiration struck.  My collection of Zagat Surveys!  I found it in the 1991 edition:  Metropolis Cafe.  Doesn't ring a bell, but I'll accept that.

Later, I discovered that if I had actually read the review of Blue Water Grill linked to above, I could have saved myself a lot of time.

No comments: