Thursday, February 25, 2010

Washington Heights, Amsterdam Avenue Between 190th and 193rd Streets


Mary Sargent © 2010 ……………………….. click to enlarge

Tonight I went to the trouble of photographing a section of my map and posting it here because I know you don't look at the map links I usually include and you need to know where this walk took place.




I'm not sure if this helps though.  Too little.  (You could enlarge it.)  And yet I had to give you enough for location purposes.  Okay, see the curvy street in red at the center right?  The top part of that is Ft. George Avenue.  The straight part is Amsterdam Avenue.  There is no indication, either in actual reality, or online, where one stops and the other begins, so I'm going to say that Ft. George is the curve and Amsterdam is straight.  You needed to know.

You also need to see High Bridge Park on a map because it's quite large and yet largely unknown in Manhattan.

In case you still don't know where you are, this is at the top of Manhattan; there's the Cloisters on the left, Dyckman Street, the southern border of Inwood, is above the Cloisters.

No comments: