Friday, February 05, 2010

Upper West Side, Amsterdam Avenue at 84th Street


Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge


Ah.  Le Pain Quotidien across the street.  I bet they have hot coffee.  Yes, they do, you can sit at their communal table, get yourself a latte, it comes in a bowl like in Paris, and you pay, um, with tax and tip, you pay $5.00.  Bit steep, but I had to have it.  The bowls are good for warming your hands.

And this, my friends, is the end of this walk, as I went straight home after this.  Who knows if I will get out tomorrow?  Not I.  I can't shake this cold and if it's bad outside, I'm staying inside.  We'll see.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that the same chain as in DC? We ate at one of the DC ones once or twice.

Mary Sargent said...

Yes, it is, but I think they're independently managed because there're a lot of differences between them.