Friday, February 26, 2010

Inwood, 215th Street Between Broadway and Tenth Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2010 ………………….. click to enlarge

The usual practice of this blog is to slog on through a walk, no matter how tedious, until it finally reaches its destination and can be filed away.  In a radical departure, I am interrupting the Ft. George Avenue walk to post a timely photograph, a snow photograph, taken today.  As most of us are aware, it has been snowing. 

The only thing I had to do today was go downtown to get a haircut, and that is the only reason you are getting a picture of snow.  This was taken on the way to the subway.  I wanted to show you how we shovel snow in Inwood -- look at those squared off sides.  When I got downtown and saw the sloppy shoveling, I had to sneer.  Inwardly, of course.  Outwardly, it was taking all my concentration to avoid falling into the lagoons at the curbs.

---------------------------------

I'm not sure where I'm going from here.  Should I go back to the Ft. George walk or abandon it?  I'll sleep on it.

No comments: