Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Washington Heights, St. Nicholas Avenue Between 190th and 189th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2009 ……….......………….…… ………………….. click to enlarge

Here's a little more color on this gray day. And look at the gate on Ritz Paints.  The City Council has agreed (with me) that the standard gates are a blight and a "graffiti magnet" and decreed that after July 1, 2011, any roll-down gate that is being replaced must be replaced with a gate that allows at least 70 percent of the covered area to be visible.  Ritz Paints is already in compliance and look how much better it looks.  I don't think of the City Council as being much concerned with beauty but I'm happy to admit I'm wrong.






Mary Sargent © 2009 ……….......………….…… ………………….. click to enlarge

I was interested in this blank white space, apparently just craving to be covered with grafitti.  What's taking them so long?

1 comment:

Al said...

Many idiots populate this neighborhood of Washington Heights.