Sunday, January 24, 2010

Upper West Side, 83rd and Columbus Ave.


Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

Here on the north-east corner of 83rd and Columbus, is West Side Wine, which I thought was just your regular old neighborhood wine store.  Un uh.  If I'd paid more attention, I would have seen books in the window with The Wine Guy on the front.  This is The Wine Guy's home!  Well, I'd never heard of The Wine Guy either, but I've now put his book on my wish list and the next time I'm in the neighborhood, I'm definitely stopping in.

Sorry I missed my post last night.  I had a fresh cold and, I don't know about you, but one of the first symptoms I get is an overpowering urge to go to bed.  So that's what I did.  Today it's just a regular cold.


See map.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you're better. A cold is such a simple, common-place ailment that makes you feel like you're going to die. You get no sympathy from anyone because everyone knows you'll live through it. But don't tell me that when I'm down with it

Mary Sargent said...

yes, I'm better, thanks so much!

andy said...

Come on by! We'll show you a photo we have in the store of the very same corner in 1940, when every single building in the city was photographed.
--The Wine Guy