Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Meatpacking District, Little West 12th Street between West and Washington Streets

Remember I mentioned the Brass Monkey a few nights ago?  Well, there it was across the street from Nick and me and as our conversation drew to an end, I noticed I was feeling a little chilled and I remembered the very fine Irish coffee I had at The Half King last week and so I took myself across the street and settled in at the bar.




Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

Sad to say, this Irish coffee was not all it should have been.  The bartender poured the coffee and whiskey and then made the whipped cream by shaking it in a cocktail shaker.  This takes a long time, and I give her credit for working hard, but by the time it thickened, the coffee was lukewarm at best.  Still, after all that hard work, I could hardly complain.

It was a nice bar, only a few people in it when I came in, but by the time I left, it had started to fill up.  A couple came in with their child; it seemed to be a neighborhood kind of place. 



Mary Sargent © 2009 ………………….…………… ………………….. click to enlarge

It was about 5 o'clock when I emerged and starting to get dark.

No comments: