Monday, November 02, 2009

Chelsea, 25th Street Between Tenth and Eleventh Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………….. click to enlarge

This building is where OHNY has its office where I'm doing some volunteer work. On the ground floor is Gallery Henoch which is currently exhibiting a pretty good still life show. I particularly like Olga Antonova, but you have to see her stuff in person to appreciate it.





Mary Sargent © 2009 ……………xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx……….. click to enlarge

Look at that intricate brickwork around the arch.  Remember to enlarge it.  Do you think the bricklayers had patterns to consult?
X
After looking at a couple of exhibitions, I walked west on 25th Street, then down Eleventh Avenue to 23rd, then west on 23rd to Twelfth Avenue, then up to 24th Street, and across to Tenth Avenue where I ran out of space on my card. The reason I took such a tightly coiled walk was to close a few gaps on my map. It looks much better now. The next walk should be more straightforward.








Mary Sargent © 2009 …………….........................................……….. click to enlarge

Here's a view looking west on 25th Street.










Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………….. click to enlarge

And a close up.

No comments: