Sunday, May 03, 2009

Manhattanville, Morningside Avenue Between 125th and 126th Streets

Home from DC visiting my son, Bill. This time we did the tourist thing for the first time in years. I wanted to see the Vietnam Memorial again, which was as moving as the first time I saw it. We walked the Mall, saw the Capitol and the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial all lined up. Beautiful as ever. It was good to do.

Now I have to go back and pick up from BEFORE the last post.




Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

This is across the street from the M&G Diner, the Church of St. Joseph of the Holy Family, the side of the church, of course. The front is on 125th Street.

Now see that little piece of beige building on the right?



Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Here it is. Another one of those blank, 2D buildings I love so much. And I love how the windows look like abstract paintings. It makes me want to paint. Or maybe it was seeing Philip Guston in Washington that makes me want to paint.

See map.

No comments: