Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Upper West Side, 105th Street at Broadway



Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

This is the final shot of this April 5 pre-dinner walk. Toast has replaced Carne. What was there before Carne? Do you remember, Luka? I haven't been to Toast yet; Henry's, right across the street, always exerts its magnetic draw. However, as frugality sets in, I should probably give it a try.

The link to Toast is to its Morningside Heights location; there is nothing online about this 105th Street site. Apparently the food uptown is good, but the servers are rude.

Have you noticed how this building has been stripped of half of its façade? I confess I looked at it a long time before I noticed. People, we must notice more! Beginning with me; after all, I'm the artist. Not that you aren't; I just mean, let's see, I mean I'm the artist-in-charge, here.

See map.

1 comment:

luka said...

Sorry, I can't remember what Toast was before it was Carne. There was some period where it had an unpronounceable name like Au Bon Buerre. I can't remember even what it was when you first moved to the City and we used to meet there half-way between our apartments. At one point though it was an unpainted furniture store--at least part of it.