Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Manhattanville, Morningside Avenue at 125th Street


Mary Sargent © 2009 …….. click to enlarge

I know I've photographed this diner before and I thought I'd posted it, but I can't find it anywhere in the blog. It must be one of those I had to skip because I ran out of time. So on Saturday when I saw it was closed, I had a moment of regret; it was the regret of seeing another colorful, long-time, neighborhood place close.

Then tonight, I found this and felt like weeping. I didn't know. I want to be in there when it's raining listening to the juke box. Nevermind, I don't know who Solomon Burke is; I'm sure I'd like him. Well, thanks to the magic of youtube, now I know, and now I wanna be there when it's raining listening to the juke box.



Mary Sargent © 2009 …….. click to enlarge


Here's a straight on shot.


See map.



No comments: