Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nolita, Mott Street at Prince


Mary Sargent © 2009 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Another day of good intentions unfulfilled. You know how time can take you by surprise? As in, WHAT? How could it be 5:30 already?

I was going downtown tonight to meet some artists to celebrate Elizabeth's birthday. The same Elizabeth of a few nights ago. We were meeting at The Kitchen Club at the corner of Prince and Mott at 7:00, and I planned to leave home at 5:30 so I would have time for a photowalk as I walked from the subway to the restaurant. Perfect. Except time took me by surprise. Not only didn't I leave at 5:30, I didn't leave at 6:00. I left at 6:10. Which meant that when I got off the subway at West 4th, I was late, so I took a cab, arrived a little late, but took the time to get one shot. Probably should have taken a few seconds more so it would be in focus. But it's all I got.

Tomorrow is another day.

The Kitchen Club was fun and the dumplings were as good as the awning leads you to believe. (It says Dumpling Diva on the front, in case you can't read it.) But I think I made a mistake in the interest of economy in ordering the prix fixe. The salmon was fine but too ordinary. I probably should have gotten a big plate of dumplings. Yeah.

See map.

No comments: