Saturday, January 24, 2009

Washington Heights, 173rd Street Between Ft. Washington Avenue and Broadway


Mary Sargent © 2009 …….. click to enlarge

I was looking for 568 and 650 West 173rd Street, 2 places where Gladys lived in the 60s. Since I've been walking around New York in a formal sort of way for over two years, one would think I'd have the number system down, but oh, no. This day I had it backwards and was thinking 650 would be farther away as I walked East. Way, way toward the end of my walk. That's why, when I took this picture at the beginning of my walk, I had no idea that it was 650 West 173rd Street.

So then I went through this whole stupid sequence where I started looking for numbers and was baffled that they seemed to be going the wrong way (what th--?) and then cranky that they weren't doing it right and THEN, yes, my memory of street numbering returned and I called myself some bad names.

The last two shots were taken on my way back when I knew it was what I'd been looking for.



Mary Sargent © 2009 …….. click to enlarge




Mary Sargent © 2009 …….. click to enlarge

See map.

No comments: