Friday, December 26, 2008

Midtown East, FDR Drive Between 38th and 37th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

I thought it was a good idea to insert a little mundane everyday bleakness at this time. A kind of palate cleanser to refresh and brace ourselves as we look forward to welcoming in the New Year with more celebrating and excess.

There. Feel better?

This was taken two years ago on December 28 during a lunch break when I was working in Midtown. I haven't been able to discover the name of this street, but I just ordered an expensive detailed map of Midtown Manhattan from Identify Map Co., 3 feet high, 4 feet wide. Talk about excess. They better have that street identified. The other maps I've looked at have just ignored it. You can probably tell that it's between First Avenue and the FDR Drive, some entrance, I guess.

See map.

No comments: