Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tribeca, Sixth Avenue Between Canal and York Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………click to enlarge



Mary Sargent © 2008 …………click to enlarge

I know, I know, I said it was going to be Chinatown tonight and here I am giving you Tribeca. Sorry. Tribeca on the way to Chinatown, then Chinatown.

I'm late because I was watching the convention. How about that Michelle? I'm happy to be a Democrat for the first time in a long while, and I'm so proud of our country, also for the first time in a long while. (I can say that because I don't plan to run for political office.) And how about Senator Teddy? There was a time I curled my lip at Ted Kennedy, but time passes, things change, and now I have to say he's an all right guy.

So the walk. Bill, my son, was here for a visit, and Friday we went downtown for a photowalk. The plan was to walk around Chinatown and get a late lunch somewhere. We took the A train to Canal, walked Sixth Avenue to Walker and Walker to Canal. When we got off the train at Canal, what is the first thing I see? Construction! Another condominium. One York.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Hard to believe you found those workers in those colors behind that trash bin holding such equisitely colored trash.