Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Hudson River, West Side of Manhattan

LAST POSTING UNTIL WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13

I'm going to upper Michigan to visit Tom and Jeni and Nathan, Carrie and Ellen, where the weather is sunny and in the 70s, and the cooking is good and the wine is fine. See you in a week! Don't forget!


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

I think it was about here that Barbara noticed we were traveling up the Hudson away from the waterfalls and leaped to the (correct) conclusion that we'd boarded the wrong boat.

This is lower Manhattan, but I don't know where. Does anyone recognize it? Let me know.

2 comments:

JerryNJ said...

Mary:

From a fellah who rode the Staten Island Ferry for five years, I know that that is a picture just to the left of the Staten Island Ferry docks. That is, off image to the right would be the ferry slips with the wooden bumpers.

The glassy concave building is "17 State Street".

On the left of your image is the area where tourists assemble for the Circle Line ferry out to Ellis and Liberty Islands.

I'm not very sure, but I believe the brown brick three story building in the forefront is the Coast Guard's.

There are a lot of things to take pictures of in that part of Manhattan.

Regards
Jerry

Anonymous said...

Jerry, thank you so much. Good to hear from you.