Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Midtown, Seventh Avenue between 33rd and 32nd Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

This building feels like a mystery to me, although it's actually very simple. Penn Station is down, Madison Square Garden is up. I've been to Penn Station dozens of times, Madison Square Garden, um, I really don't know. Did I go to a soccer game once with Richard? Do they have soccer games at Madison Square Garden? I went to an Elton John concert in the 80's. Was it at Madison Square Garden? Some of the events I go to are more or less other people's ideas and I just put one foot in front of the other and retain very little memory of it. Except I know they owe me! Big time.

So, these folks at the taxi line are obviously from the Penn Station part of the building, just so glad to be back home and please can I get a taxi soon and please let my apartment be just as I left it, with no burglaries and no broken pipes. Please. That's all I ask.

See map.

No comments: