Saturday, July 12, 2008

Midtown, Seventh Avenue at 34th Street


Mary Sargent © 2008 …….. click to enlarge




Mary Sargent © 2008 …….. click to enlarge

Last night I set out on a quest. I arrived at 34th and Seventh Avenue at 7:30 p.m. Late to be starting on a quest you say? Not at all. I walked down Seventh Avenue to 30th Street and walked east to Sixth Avenue and back up to 34th Street where I arrived at my destination: The Gap. You were thinking the Empire State Building, maybe.

Let me set the scene. It was a beautiful, a perfect summer evening. Warm, not hot, not humid. Lovely breezes. These things can be appreciated even on Seventh and 34th. At 7:30 it's still like rush hour, so I have to stand out of the way.

Here are two shots of the Empire State Building from afar. In the first one, the spire is visible above the Delta sign, and a little farther down the block, there it glistens.

I'll tell you about the quest tomorrow night.

See map.

No comments: