Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Upper West Side, Broadway Between 86th and 85th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge


New walk today; this photograph is practically dewy, it's so new. Once AGAIN, I didn't go where I planned because I got a Late Start, 4:44 p.m., to be exact. But it turned out fine. I walked along Riverside from 83rd to 94th Street, this being the right weather for walking Riverside. When it was colder, I kept being turned back by the wind. Today the wind was welcome and was known as "breeze". What a nice breeze!

I was pleased to be able to color this in on my map. I'm trying to outline the Upper West Side.

But first, here is a pre-walk photograph as I walk down Broadway to get to 83rd Street. I've not only photographed this block before, but I've photographed this actual spot. However, I'm sure you'll agree that I couldn't pass this one up. Lady dressed like big gorgeous watermelon strolls in front of watermelon display. I hope she's on her way to meet a man in a white suit at a beautiful outdoor café and they both order watermelon margaritas.

See map.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, c'mon, pour your comments in! (Well, pour in you comments!) This one calls out for positive reinforcement. That soft-focus woman in her watermelon clothes - good, ghood, gudd!

A monsterish-cute tiny insect is enjoying her (aren't they all? Well, mostly) new, bright environment of my computer screen as she explores - who knew? - the light field. She settled, for a moment before flitting off, on the roof of the house in the photo below.

Anonymous said...

And I love your comments!