Sunday, June 08, 2008

Upper East Side, 66th Street between Madison and Fifth Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Being hot, tired, cranky and hungry, Chat Noir had the edge over forging ahead. It was a good decision, and a wonderfully pleasant lunch, though expensive, and I emerged a happier person. I had a frisee salad with poached egg, a glass of good white wine I hadn't heard of before, and can't remember now, but wish I could, tarte tatin and espresso. Well, no wonder it was expensive.

This photo was taken after lunch. When I went in, the outside tables were filled – you can see, there are three downstairs in the entryway and this one on the sidewalk. Lovely, yes?

Now take a look at the sidewalk table in an earlier shot and then from another viewpoint.



Mary Sargent © 2008 ……………………………………. click to enlarge



Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Lunching in the traffic just down from the Sabrett food cart. We New Yorkers have special invisible blinders we wear at times like this. Food cart? What traffic?

See map.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dangling modifier in the first sentence! Horrors!

Mary Sargent said...

So that's what a dangling modifier is! I'm torn between correcting it and leaving it there as a grammar lesson. Being undecided, I'll leave it for now. (Not a dangling modifier.)

Anonymous said...

I still don't see just what is dangling (but I had nose in book in-- was it junior high English? high school? -- when teacher was explaining the different parts. About the photo: Really gives you the feeling of the jumble that is New York (sometimes, some parts).

Anonymous said...

Uh, I forgot to close the parenthetical phrase in my first sentence.