Monday, June 23, 2008

Inwood, Park Terrace East Between Isham Park and 215th Street


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge


First I'll tell you what this is and then I'll tell you what it does (to me). This is a New York City Government Parks truck (for official use only) parked in front of Bruce's Garden. Bruce Reynolds was an Inwood resident and a Port Authority Police Officer who lost his life in the terrorist attack on 9/11/01. When he was a child, he was involved with his father in restoring the park and garden. This garden is now dedicated to him. His father still works there.

Oh, never mind what it does to me. Well, I'll just say that artificial green laid next to natural green affects me more than is reasonable.

See map.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blog! Not only the photos and the witty and eccentric comments, but also the links to information (in this blog, Bruce Reynolds) are such good leads! Brava!

I am in an especially happy and generous mood, since I'm home with a cold and stayed out of work for two days now! Yippeeee! Down with work (the bad kind)! However, I'd have written paragraph 1 even if I had been angry, grouchy.

Anonymous said...

Well, thanks! And I hope you recover very slowly and happily from your cold.

Anonymous said...

I'mma working on it. And now, for Sex and the City on DVD! And food in bed. And books. Talk.
Etc.