Friday, May 16, 2008

Inwood, 215th Street Between Broadway and Tenth Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

I have no excuse for delaying our trip by posting another photo on the way to the subway except that this is a perfect photograph. It's one of only 3 so far, at least that I remember. Perfect doesn't mean great or best or favorite. It means I sit here and look at it and I marvel that everything is just right. The multiplicity of rectangles countered by the diagonals, the tiny square at the back which echoes the not quite square in the window at front, the light and dark in the alley, the delicate laundry stretched across the alley, and the presence of a man walking in the alley are all just right.

I don't mind if you disagree.

I'm going to put in a new label called Perfect.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only agree - and this, from someone who thrives on disagreement.