Monday, May 05, 2008

Downtown, Hudson Street Between Houston and King Streets

Three photos below. I'm going to be doubling (tripling) up for the next few days, so I can get caught up. These are all shots of the building that the advertising giant, Saatchi & Saatchi, inhabits in New York. In case you missed this fun little controversy last year, as I certainly did, here is the old news on Dr. Martens, Kurt Cobain, Joe Strummer, Joey Ramone, Sid Vicious and Saatchi & Saatchi. And here is some even older news about another controversy, oddly enough, involving another shoe company. If you like the truly bizarre, click the link immediately.



Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Hudson Street at the corner of King. Yes, this is the corner of the Saatchi & Saatchi building. Cute, huh?


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

And this is the grand entrance. The building is across the street from the Passport Services building (which you can see reflected at the top of the photo), where I went to get my passport renewed on Monday, April 21. When I came back in the afternoon to pick up my passport, I walked across the street to get a closer look. I could see some major art in the lobby and simply walked inside, can you believe it? Simply walked inside, like in the days of yore. There was no one there to stop me, question me, ask for ID. I had free run of the lobby and unlimited photo opportunities.


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

All of the lobby art was done by Frank Stella, a former minimalist painter, minimalist no more.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is stunning. I'd like to see a wall-sized print.