Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Central Harlem, Lenox Avenue Between 111th and 110th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2008 ……… click to enlarge

Well, look at this. This was not here when I was here a little over a year ago. I fell into a conversation with a man waiting for a bus in front of the building and he told me, yeah, they started it about a year ago. He said apartments were selling for 4.5 milliion. He said if he had 4 and a half million, he would not live in this neighborhood. This is not a good neighborhood, he said. We agreed that there was an unbelievable amount of construction going up and they were selling apartments for an unbelievable amount of money, and I said people have more money than they know what to do with, and we both deplored such a state of affairs and then his bus came and we parted friends, having been in agreement on the issues.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manhattan still hasn't heard about the real estate bust, I take it.