Sunday, March 23, 2008

Downtown, Varick Street, looking south from King Street


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Okay, then. Although I'm still yawning, I think I'll be able to do a complete post tonight. Plus, I already put in the links for last night's post.

Last evening I went downtown to the opening reception for Her-Steria, at the Next Gallery at Metropolitan College, 75 Varick Street. Prior to this exhibit I didn't know there was a Metropolitan College, let alone a Next Gallery, and on Varick Street in this unnamed neighborhood, of all places, but, as you all know, there are many things I don't know. My friend, Barbara Lubliner, the gifted sculptor, and feminist with a sense of humor, had some work in the show and also did a performance piece wearing a slinky red dress with sculpted breasts strapped to her biceps.

But before all that, I walked down Varick to the gallery because I needed a photowalk. This is Varick Street looking south from King Street. Doesn't look very promising, does it?

See map.

No comments: