Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Washington Heights, St. Nicholas Avenue between Wadsworth Avenue and 192nd Street


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Snow! It was a downtown day today. First lunch with Claire at Tamarind on East 22nd Street. A lovely Indian restaurant with delicious food. After which, Claire in her infinte gracious wisdom persuaded me to chill at her place on lower Fifth Avenue (where I had a nice little nap) and then go to Myra's opening at Cornelia Street Café instead of schlepping up to 215th Street, turning around and going back downtown. Myra's photographs looked great, then a bunch of us stayed for dinner on site and finally I came home in the fresh snow. Perfect day.

Except. Well, dammit, you can't be everywhere and I missed the Potomac primaries on TV and Obama's speech. I'm a big fan of good speeches. Chris Matthews said he got a feeling up his leg listening to Obama's speech and I take that to mean it was a good speech.

Well, there's always YouTube. Come on somebody, get that speech up there!

See map.

No comments: