Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Upper West Side, West End Avenue at 104th Street


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge


In late October last year, I took a 10-block walk on West End Avenue and complained about how dull it was: "One big apartment building after another, nothing commercial and no street life. The only reason it's not the dullest block in Manhattan (that honor falls to Fort Washington Avenue) is because the buildings are better looking than those on Ft. Washington and they have better details."

Well, why didn't I show you one of those dull, but relatively good looking buildings with relatively better details?

I did take photographs of 5 or 6 of them, including this very building, but didn't post any. Must have been the mood I was in.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the old West End apt buildings. They remind me of home & of safety. They feel impenetrable & unchangable. Like modern day fortresses.
S