Saturday, January 19, 2008

Upper West Side, 104th Street at Amsterdam Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2008 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Losing my job means, among other things, that it becomes glaringly obvious that my neighborhood post office is just too inconvenient. It's too far away. About 12 blocks. For some reason, those are twelve long blocks. And so Tuesday, I took the subway to 103rd Street and went to the post office at 104th Street. You may have picked up that I love the subway. You get to sit down and read your book. And in the winter sometimes you're squished up between two chubby people but since you all have coats on it's not disgusting, instead it's cozy. And then when you've finished your task at the post office, instead of having to walk twelve long blocks back home, you get to ride the subway and read your book. For the record, it's Atonement.

Plus I get to work a photowalk in. Here's the color I promised you.

See map.

No comments: