Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Inwood, Nagle Avenue between Dyckman and Academy Streets


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all got plenty of sleep and have been busy fulfilling your resolutions. I, myself, got up extremely late today (with good reason) and have decided to put off the resolution thing until tomorrow.

Except for one. I was looking vacantly out the window, coffee cup in hand, and noticed that although rain had been predicted and it was mighty gray out there, it wasn't actually raining, and since I do like to start the new year with a photograph taken in the new year, I was pondering the possibility of getting dressed and going out there. While I was mulling it over, the sun broke through and dramatically transformed the scene outside my window. Well that galvanized me, although I was pessimistic that it would remain sunny long enough for me to get some shots. For that reason I picked a location close by, yep, Inwood.

Here's the good news, folks. The days are getting longer! You heard it here first. That sun was still shining at 4:15. So although I'm sure there's plenty of miserable weather ahead of us and spring will take forever to get here, we can all take comfort in the lengthening days. Oh, thank goodness.

See map.

No comments: