Friday, January 11, 2008

Financial District, Wall Street Between William and Broad Streets


Mary Sargent © 2007.........click to enlarge


Here's Tiffany & Co., right here on Wall Street. When I saw it, I assumed that it had been here forever and I just didn't know, but it turns out they opened here in October 2007, not so long ago. Don't worry, all you Upper East Side jewelry addicts; the Fifth Avenue store is still there.

However, the company did start out here, just around the corner on Broadway, in 1837. Read all about their new building and what they did to it in this New York Times article. As often happens, when I came home and read about where I was, I wish I'd gone inside. Well, it's because I didn't know. I just thought it was boring old Tiffany's and all the beauty was on the outside.


Mary Sargent © 2007.........click to enlarge

No comments: