Friday, October 19, 2007

Upper East Side, 86th Street Between Lexington and Third Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

On Monday I went for a lunchtime photowalk for the purpose of getting some Raw shots for my Photoshop class for Digital Imaging. You're looking at the first Raw shot I've posted. Time for some self-respect here. More about all this later.

I took the No. 6 subway to 86th Street and walked down Lexington Avenue to the 77th Street subway stop. First, however, I walked on 86th Street over to Third Avenue in the mistaken belief I was walking downtown. Bring on the compasses!

This block was busy. On the south side, construction; on the north side lots of sidewalk vendors and people; it reminded me of 125th Street in Harlem. I googled The Lucida, not expecting much, but look what's going in there! Does it seem a tad out of place? We'll see how long the sidewalk vendors last after that place opens.

See map.

No comments: