Saturday, June 23, 2007

Morningside Heights, Amsterdam Avenue at 111th Street


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Here's the top of the Cathedral of St. John the Divine from 111th Street. You'll have to wait until I walk 112th Street for a full frontal shot. As you can see, the cathedral is still being built. It was begun in 1892 and it is still being built. As you might imagine, there were some setbacks along the way. For the full story go here.


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

I walked onto the grounds, looking for a little garden way in the back that I remember from when I lived here. I'd come here sometimes and be the only one here. Then on September 11, 2002, Luka and I sat in the garden while inside they were reading the names of all those who died in the terror attack the year before.

Here's the side of the cathedral.

No comments: