Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hudson Heights, Pinehurst Avenue between 183rd and 185th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Last summer Flying Lady and I went to a restaurant on Pinehurst, a street I'd neither been on nor heard of. It was enchanting, a leafy secluded street away from traffic and other rude city noise and disruption. This happened before I started this blog and I've been looking forward to going back. Well, call me cranky, but this day I didn't see any enchantment at all. This architecture isn't at its best in the cold light of a late dragging winter. I'll come back later when it's more green and I'm in a better mood.

And by the way, the restaurant has closed.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful, I love the browns. That's not a very sophisticated way to put it I guess, but I do
S