Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hudson Heights, Bennett Park at Pinehurst Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2007 ……………………………….. click to enlarge

Here we have what can pass for a park in NYC: a few trees and a lot of pavement. You may wonder why I bother to post this photograph. It's because I want you to see where the highest natural point in Manhattan is, right here in this park. 265 feet above sea level. I'm not showing you the actual point, I'm showing you where it is. Bennett Park also has historical significance which you can read about here. And it's only two blocks long.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The casualness of the photo itself (the banal quality - not an insult!) appeals to me. Refreshingly ordinary (I don't mean to imply that your other photos are not refreshing, you understand).