Thursday, April 19, 2007

Hudson Heights, 185th Street Between Pinehurst and Fort Washington Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

This is the Hebrew Tabernacle of Washington Heights which I photographed standing on the northern wall of Bennett Park, thus proving that the park is at least higher than the sidewalk.



And below is a detail. Note the little bird on the top branch whose shape echoes the shapes of the cutouts.


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, someone's gotta be the first to comment. I love the detail! I am creeping back slealthily to your blog, having taken a leave of absence, it seems. So much to catch up on! Re the detail with the bird shapes - At first glance (and often my first glance is my last glance, except when it comes to your blog) I thought all of the cutouts were birds (too much Hitchcock on my part). Anyway, this photo was a good reintroduction to the blog.