Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Upper West Side, 85th Street Between Riverside Drive and West End Avenue


Mary Sargent © 2007 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

Last night's dogs are all the street action you're going to get on this walk. Remember it was about 21° at this point. On I forged. This building caught my eye, not only for its distinctive design, but (of course) for the V shaped U in its name. I checked it out on the web, and ran into two conflicting opinions about that particular block, one writer calling it rather ordinary and the other magical. My opinion lies somewhere in between. It's a fine block, I think. But later, in warmer weather and with more knowledge, I may go back to discover the magic.

See map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That greasy shiny car juxtaposed to the fine building with all its fine decorative detail is just the edge for me in this photo.