Friday, December 29, 2006

Midtown East, First Avenue Between 35th and 36th Streets


Mary Sargent © 2006 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

I began a new walk yesterday at lunch time. Pretty cold and windy, and at times, I shot with my gloves on.

I really don't know what to call this area. It's east of Murray Hill, which has its eastern border at 2nd Avenue. Kips Bay extends to the East river, but ends at 34th Street. Tudor City's southern border is 40th Street. Could this be an area with no name? I considered NoKi (north of Kips Bay, of course), but rejected it because the name is too cute for the area, which is not one bit cute.

I was thinking if you lived there, and people asked you where you lived, you might say the Queens Midtown Tunnel area, so that's what I'm calling it until I hear something better.

This photo is on the east side of First Avenue between 35th and 36th Streets, all fenced in. Waiting for big things to come, or just waiting?

And now I'm coming back from March 12, 2007 to say that I have it all sorted out and this falls in the Midtown East category. Not as interesting, alas.

See map.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for metal - just love the texture how it wears it's history.