Friday, December 08, 2006

Greenwich Village, Third Street Between Sixth Avenue and MacDougal Street


Mary Sargent © 2006 …………………………………….. click to enlarge

I thought I was just shooting another Psychic Shop, but I got home to discover that I had shot the Village Psycho (enlarge to see), and not only that, if you look into the bottom of the left window, you can see the psycho himself, manipulating some poor wretch.

Actually, upon closer (closeup) scrutiny, I can see it's a TV screen, but still . . .

See map.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's man with sandwich and coke that makes the shot for me, though.

Anonymous said...

This is the most hysterical photo I have seen in many a moon. Hysterically funny, I mean. I am laughing out loud all by myself. I feel fairly foolish. I also love your commentary--it wouldn't be funny without your commentary. Those of us who have lived in New York too long would really have believed that there was a store named Village Psycho. and furthermore, that we had been there a couple times in the distant past. Like, been there, done that, next....

Anonymous said...

Well after the Bates Motel went out of business....