Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hell's Kitchen, 46th Street Between Ninth and Tenth Avenues


Mary Sargent © 2006 …………………………… click to enlarge

Last Saturday I went to get a haircut at David Ryan's on West 46th Street. See map. If I were on top of things, I'd have a link to a photo of my haircut. Not on top of things. Afterwards I walked 46th Street to the river and back on 45th Street.

This is a pretty and frothy shot that reminds me in its prettiness and frothiness of this Cornelia Street shot last summer.

5 comments:

Mostly Harmless said...

This is so Victorian. This looks like the delicate lace doillies my grandmother used to tat.

Olivier said...

voila un quartier qui a repris vie. a mes touts premiers voayages je n'osais pas y aller, maintenant plus de probleme.

veiled a district which took again life. has my first voyages I did not dare to go there, maintaining more problem.

Anonymous said...

Love those incidentals--this time, that smiling blue lips of that loopy schmatta--that, to me, make these photos odd as well as beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the 'religiosity' comment, and I don't think it's frothy either. I like the colors, the small gothic arches, and the balance. It's not a typical NY street.

Anonymous said...

It's got something in it for everyone! I like those glowing windows - something is burning inside.