Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Kips Bay, Asser Levy Place Between 23rd and 25th Streets, Looking North


Mary Sargent © 2006 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . click to enlarge

New Area. On Thursday, September 21, I took a lunch time walk, well actually, I took a taxi to 26th and First Avenue, and walked down to Asser Levy Place. I'm trying to use broad categories of neighborhood identification, but Asser Levy Place is east of First Avenue next to the East River and it doesn't belong to any big neighborhood as far as I can tell. I've been consulting Wikipedia when I need help and Wikipedia points to Kips Bay.

So Asser Levy Place is only two blocks long and surrounded by big medical complexes and the Veteran's Administration Medical Center and that lovely reflective building which I couldn't identify. But wait till you see what's on the street to the left of this photograph. That's tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the blues. You wonder,is the car in the foreground blue, or is that just a reflection from the blue, blue sky?