Friday, October 27, 2006

Inwood, Staff Street Between Riverside Drive and Dyckman Street


Mary Sargent © 2006 ………………………… click to enlarge

Staff Street, one block long, park on one side, out on the edge of nowhere (here's the map), and someone has apparently found the leftover paint can from The Horace Mann Teachers College on Broadway and 120th Street and thought what a good idea to paint the metal work green, you know, I have a metal gate and I'll just use this paint to brighten it up and while I'm at it, I'll paint the boarded up windows the same darn color! I can't think it was the other way around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you may like the curious color, but it's the geometry that knocks me out. The play of the vertical tree with the sliver of vertical gates - the oh, so horizontal line of brick work above the green windows - seeming to fight the downward slant of the street.