Thursday, October 26, 2006

Inwood, Riverside Drive at Staff Street


Mary Sargent © 2006 ……………………………click to enlarge

This is what is known as the Dyckman Exit, although it is not Dyckman Street, but Riverside Drive. If you check your map link from yesterday (zoom in one level), you'll see that Riverside does finally meet up with Dyckman at Broadway, but it's like an air kiss and it's over. But they had to name it something.

Also, take a look at the aerial view; you'll see there are many, many trees up here.

In other news: yesterday morning about 10:00, I was walking though the subway station at Union Square, looking for the exit, when I saw walking toward me a naked lady and a policeman. She was young, chunky and healthy looking, not a bum by any means, and, unlike Eve, had her arms folded over her breasts. Both she and the cop looked matter-of-fact, just walking to get where they were going. I blinked to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing but I did NOT change my expression and neither did anyone else.

Let me just add, it was cold yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once I saw a naked woman washing her clothes in the sink in a train station rest room. It wasn't that cold though.

Well I do like this picture's sense of the road turning and heading down hill.

Anonymous said...

j'aime beaucoup cette partie de new york. encore merci pour cette ballade journaliere dans NYC.


I like much this part of New York. still thank you for this ballade day labourer in NYC