Saturday, September 09, 2006

Inwood, Harlem River From the University Heights Bridge at 207th Street


Mary Sargent © 2006 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . click to enlarge

Every now and then it's good to look at water and remember we live on an island.

This is a shot of the Harlem River taken from the University Heights Bridge at 207th Street. There's a pedestrian walkway along the south side of the bridge which is pretty heavily trafficked. Surprised me. I walked only halfway over. I know my boundaries. You know that's the Bronx over there, don't you?

For anyone who wants to see the bridge itself, here's a link. Here's another.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The link "another" is so cool. A startling, stellar, knockout of a bridge! The epitome of New York. You never know what you'll find around the corner . . .

Anonymous said...

The Bronx? Wuh's that? Always reminds me of Bush Senior's calling the borough of Queens "the Queens"! Hmnnn....Anyway, I like this one, too, and somehow can see the photographer walking there and snapping this. By the way, I love the photographer's comments.

Anonymous said...

I like the steel metal water and the green greens.